A second Public Information Centre is being held this week with regards to transportation improvements required to service growth in the annexed lands. The PIC will allow the public to review and provide feedback on the preferred alternative roadway design for three Class Environmental Assessments (EAs).
The PIC is scheduled for Thursday, April 6 at the Liberty North Banquet Hall from 4 to 7 p.m.
The three EA studies that will be discussed at this meeting include:
- Hewitt’s Secondary Plan Area Transportation Improvements
- Purpose: Present the preferred design alternative for transportation improvements in the Hewitt’s Secondary Plan Area.
- McKay Rd East / Hwy 400 Interchange, Lockhart Rd / Salem Road Highway 400 Crossing & Associated Works
- Purpose: Present the preferred design alternative for transportation improvements on McKay Road East – Highway 400 Interchange, Lockhart Road/Salem Road Highway 400 Crossing and associated works.
- Salem Secondary Plan Area Improvements.
- Purpose: Present the preferred design alternative for transportation improvements in the Salem Secondary Plan Area and present the preferred site and the design concept for the Salem Water Reservoir and Pumping Station.
The comments and responses received from the PIC will be considered in the refining of the designs and will be presented to Council on June 26, 2017. Anyone who is not able to attend and would like to provide feedback can contact Alvaro Almuina, Project Coordinator at 705-739-4220, ext. 4458 or Alvaro.email@example.com.