For every parent who’s ever worried about their teenager’s caffeine intake. Inside Edition claims a 16 year-old South Carolina teen named Davis Cripe collapsed in his classroom and died because of a caffeine overdose.
A coroner told the TV show;
“On this particular day within the two hours prior to his death, we know had consumed a large diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonald’s and also some type of energy drink. We lost Davis from a totally legal substance. These drinks can be very dangerous.”
The caffeine caused Davis to suffer a heart arrhythmia.