What’s everybody doing for Canada 150? I am seeing red and white EVERYWHERE and I’m loving it!
Here’s your Deb James-BIG FM guide to good fun over the next few days and into the Long Canada Day Weekend.
- The City of Barrie is excited to kick off Canada 150 celebrations with a thrilling aerobatic display over Kempenfelt Bay. This free show will take place on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 6pm and will feature the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, CF-18 Demonstration Team, and the Great War Flying Museum. The welcome address will begin at 5:30pm.
- All month at The Orillia Museum of Art and History enjoy the “Canada Flag Mosaic” exhibit! www.orilliamuseum.org
- On Friday, June 30th, there’s a Canada Day Eve Party at the Town of the Blue Mountains. There will be live music, BBQ, face painting and children’s acrtivities and a family fireworks at 9:30. Find out more here!
- Celebrate Canada Day weekend with this legendary Canadian rocker best known for hits: “Break it to Them Gently”, “Fine State of Affairs” & “My Own Way to Rock” at Casino Rama Resort. Two shows this weekend June 30 and July 1st. Ticket info and show times are here!
- From one great Canadian show to another one! Kim Mitchell rocks The very Canadian “Key To Bala” on July 2nd. Tickets and show info available here!
- Living Legend and Nobel Prize Winner, Bob Dylan and his Band play the Barrie BMC on Sunday July 2nd at 8pm. Ticket info HERE!
- Finish up your Canada 150 celebrating back at Barrie! Come experience the longest running event in Downtown Barrie. Promenade Days has become a summer tradition for locals and tourists alike. Barrie’s largest street festival features live entertainment, midway, street performers & market, patios, food and fun. Find out more by clicking here!