Housing sales might be starting to cool down but rent values are going up and up. According to PadMapper.com, Barrie is now the 3rd most expensive city in Canada to rent a one bedroom apartment.
- Vancouver, BC maintained its position as the most expensive city to rent in Canada. The median price for one bedroom units grew by 2.5%, settling at $2,090, while the median price for two bedrooms increased by 2.5% to $3,230.
- Toronto, ON, similar to Vancouver, kept its spot as 2nd. Rent prices slightly increased by 0.6% to $1,800 for one bedroom units and rose by 3% to $2,430 for two bedrooms.
- Barrie, ON climbed two spots, experiencing a steep increase of 5.2% to $1,210 for one bedroom rent. For two bedroom units, however, rent dropped by 1.4% to $1,390.
- Montreal, QC saw mixed price changes this month for one and two bedroom units. Rent for one bedroom units decreased by 3.3% to $1,160, whereas the price for two bedroom units climbed 2.8% to $1,460.
- Victoria, BC fell one spot this month, experiencing a drastic decline in rent for one bedroom units. Rent was down by 5.1% for one bedroom units while prices for two bedroom units slightly increased by 0.7% to $1,410.