Wake up to BIG Mornings with Kris and Melanie!
You could say they are a little ‘out of the box’…
Or as we like to say, they burned the box just to rock with the flames.
Welcoming Melanie To The BIG Morning Show!
Melanie is an award winning radio host with 14 years in major market morning radio. She grew up in Sudbury, Ontario where graduated with a degree in Psychology. She met a hot dude, followed him to Toronto and fell in love with radio. She quit her sales job, went to radio college at Humber, and shortly after graduating, got the gig as co-host of the Z103.5 morning show. Four years later she moved over to Flow 93.5 where she co-hosted the JJ and Melanie Morning Show for 10 years making her one of the most recognized voices in Toronto radio. During that time, Melanie was honoured to win multiple awards for favourite on-air personality, and morning show as voted by Toronto listeners. Melanie has also been featured on TV Shows such as ETalk, as an expert in entertainment, as well as magazines and a featured Sunshine girl. She has interviewed countless celebrities including Janet Jackson, Beyonce, Matt Damon and more.
Melanie loves golf, dogs and tequila. She also recently became a yoga teacher while living in Mexico. Plus she’s a BIG fan of music and fun. So she’s pretty excited to join Kris in the morning!!
Oh, the hot dude isn’t around anymore. And she loves firemen. Just sayin’
You can follow Melanie @m3laniemartin
You never know what game they’re going to pick, but you can count on 1 of 5:
- Just the tip – we play a short sample of a song and you call in to name the artist & title!
- School of Rock – guess the best of 3 music trivia questions
- The BIG Scene – if you can identify the clip from a classic movie and the year it was released, the prize is all yours.
- Beat the Toaster – we pick a topic (ie. things you’d put on a sandwich) and once the toast is down, you have 11 seconds to name a minimum of 5 items for the win!
- BS Olympics – Its up to you to decide if the story they tell you is truthful, or full of BS. Just to add some fun, it could be 95% truthful with one minor BS detail. Pay close attention and know the show to win!
Or it could just be something random that they want to have some fun with.